Please write a text here to directory search
Members Login Area
Help support needed scholarships for our future health care providers.Please donate via secure
The California Latino Medical Association strives as a group of concerned Latino physicians to insure the provision of quality and culturally sensitive medical care to the largest under-served population in California.
The CaLMA Board of Directors strives to achieve its mission by:
- Improve access to and delivery of quality and culturally responsible healthcare to the Latino communities of California
- Increase enrollment of Latino students and participation of Latino faculty in institutions of higher learning in the healthcare professions
- Provide guidance and support to resident physicians and medical students
- Provide educational programs for health care professionals for the purpose of furthering the corporation’s purposes
- Support Latino faculty development and health research
- Engage in all activities which may be lawfully carried on by a nonprofit public benefit corporation
From the President:
Over the last several years, CaLMA’s efforts have provided thousands of dollars in scholarships for hundreds of medical and nursing students; we’ve hosted an annual Conference focusing on the greatest ills our members and patients deal with on a daily basis; we’ve hosted a men’s conference and continue to manage a $1 million scholarship fund for nursing students. We owe much gratitude to outgoing President Margaret Juárez, M.D., for the tireless and copious work she did for CaLMA.
Our Directors have established a tone for our direction: it is my sincere desire to strengthen our association’s infrastructure, firmly establishing us as an organization of members, for members. Running a non-profit requires creative thinking on a daily basis, and ensuring our financial stability is a prime initiative; however, we benefit from a glut of intellectual wealth, amongst the diversity of our members, that we have not tapped. We have multiple committees, such as By-laws, Interdisciplinary, Policy and Scholarship, which require innovative members willing to provide a little time to advancing the vision of CaLMA.
When the call comes for participation, please volunteer for a committee or provide content for the newsletter or webpage, intellectual or editorial. If you have ideas that will advance our cause, or information pertinent to our mission, let us know . . . our organization is only as strong as our membership. Finally, in this time of decreasing reimbursements and increasing expenses, I have to make the most difficult call of all – please pay your membership dues, and invite your colleagues to join. Your tax deductible donations help insure the viability of YOUR organization.